Power priority for accumulators.

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Timmerman73
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Power priority for accumulators.

Post by Timmerman73 »

What I would like to see is to be able to give certain buildings a priority for power stored in accumulators. In this way you could make it that accumulators are the backup that will only keep the most essential part of your factory running most likely your defense.

Il give an example where this could be useful.
Your coal patch is running out and you are running low on power. Eventually your entire factory has a blackout. Your accumulators are able to keep your factory running for about 2-3 minutes before they run out of charge. Then your entire base is without power including your laser turrets. Now if your laser turrets are your only means of defense you are now without defense. And in late game when biter attacks are frequent your base will get chewed up in no time.

Now if you could set accumulators that their stored energy will only go to your defense (laser turrets). This way you will only use your backup energy for your defense. Making your backup power supply last longer. Because the rest of the factory is not also using this power for your automation.
I think it would be useful to have a litte switch in the power management tab somewhere around the accumulator charge. Allowing you to set the accumulator output to defense(laser turrets) only or how it currently works (everything). This way their energy will only go to laser turrets. Making your backup last longer and your base not undefended while you are trying to get your power production back online.

I hope you guys take my idea into consideration. If you want me to elaborate on this please ask me.

Qon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Power priority for accumulators.

Post by Qon »

How to ensure that your base doesn't drain the reserves that you have dedicated for laser: Actually reliable solar.
Get rid of laser drain: Perfect 0~drain Laser: Blueprintable and Chunky!

JimBarracus
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Power priority for accumulators.

Post by JimBarracus »

The priority is simple and predictable.
If you want to use the accumulators before you use coal you need a sr latch and an electric switch.
You can also switch of e.g. mining fields when your power supply drops etc.

There is everything you need in the game.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”