Drawing board/notes-mode

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Zottel
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Drawing board/notes-mode

Post by Zottel »

By testing all keys, I discovered the map grid (f7), and I thought then, it would be a cool idea, there would be some kind of drawing board or notes-mode, where I can leave my notes, icons, arrows, building- and belt-outlines.

Perhaps you think now: What is the point of that?
Well, the player could use it to plan complex facilities, or make a note on a belt to remeber what kind of Items will it transport and things like that.
Maybe it will be possible to copy parts of the drawing board and paste it onto other places and perhaps there will be a export/import-function to share this parts with other players in the forum or in multiplayer.

Well, maybe I'm the only one person, who's thinking this would be a really cool feature, but I can imagine, other people also find it interesting :)

Sorry for my bad english, by the way.

Dakkanor
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Drawing board/notes-mode

Post by Dakkanor »

i like this idea, however, an external program which can turn it into a grapich spread sheet might be easier to impliment, great for those with 2 screens and want to pre-plan their factory.

the general idea would also make startup planning easier if you are aiming for an efficient base area

Mysteria9
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mysteria9 »

I'd find that very useful, good idea!

Lukasecicek
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Lukasecicek »

I really like the idea - when the multiplayer will be implemented, having that sort of cooperation tool could be really nice (apart from talking on TeamSpeak for example)

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”