Hide Quickbar and Save Quickbar

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

VikingGawd
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Hide Quickbar and Save Quickbar

Post by VikingGawd »

TL;DR
Would love to hide the quickbar so it becomes a thin line at the bottom of the screen and looking down is no longer an issue. Save the layout for another game to load it in. Could have multiple setups this way. Ghost from quckbar would be a shift click or ctrl click and give you a ghost icon

What ?
In the 3 dots on the quickbar have a hide quickbar button. also a shortcut that will hide/unhide the quickbar. When hidden becomes a thing bar at the bottom like the border is now. 3 dots are showing and clicking will show the normal menu but with a unhide instead of hide button. Quickbar will function as normal with hotkeys when hidden, just cannot see changes. In the menu have a load and save button. Will bring up a list menu like a save game menu that just has names of quickbar layouts you have saved.
Why ?
Going south in factorio with 3 or 4 quickbars showing is really annoying. You have no screen space to see what is below you. I find myself checking the minimap for red as I go but even that is to late sometimes. Will give a nice open screen to see what you are doing while traveling or building.
The quickbar save function will allow me to get used to having the items laid out the same on each game and will make grabbing the right item much easier. Right now as a new game starts I try and put them all in the same type of order but they get messed up and changed and I find myself constantly fixing it. Also with ghost function turned on will allow for future planning with items not researched yet just like grabbing a blueprint.

Figured both have to do with the quickbar so making a single post instead of splitting.

UPDATE:
didnt see it in search but here is to a similar post already
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=65549

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Hide Quickbar and Save Quickbar

Post by Koub »

@OP : There is also a suggestion for being able to spread quickbars less in height but more in width (improved South movement too).
Maybe you could simplify your suggestion by removing the save/load part (and adding your voice to the other topic you already spotted), and only let a suggestion for hidable quickbars on this one.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Qon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Hide Quickbar and Save Quickbar

Post by Qon »

Ctrl + B toggles quickbar + equipment visibility.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”