bulk handcrafting

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

5thHorseman
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: bulk handcrafting

Post by 5thHorseman »

I have played 2 Factorios. I've played a version of Factorio before I tried for the Lazy Bastard achievement, and I've played a version of Factorio after I tried for the Lazy Bastard Achievement.

They were the same actual game, but they are so vastly different I could have bought them both.

In one I was constantly fighting the hand crafting mechanic. I was angry like the people who start these threads. I'm a bit surprised that back then I didn't start a thread like this.

In the other, I forget that hand crafting is a thing sometimes. When I do need it it's always there. To make a dozen belts or craft that single machine gun that's all I'll need in the entire run. But 100's of science packs? WTF are you thinking? That's like playing minecraft and refusing to craft picks, and complaining on the forums that punching the landscape takes too long to dig a hole through a mountain.

I don't generally like to say "you're doing it wrong" because this is truly a sandbox game and there are many valid ways to play, but YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”