Indicating empty pipes

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Quarnozian
Inserter
Inserter

Indicating empty pipes

Post by Quarnozian »

In Alt-Mode wIth the new fluid reservation system it can be hard to tell where pipes lose connection, as even 100% empty pipes will be labeled with a fluid type when connected to a machine's fluid input.

Hopefully simple solution: When a pipe is reserved by a fluid, but there are no inputs for that fluid, have the fluid icon's black circle background turn red instead.

Now when someone moves their underground pipes to accomodate a roboport, all the pipe sections downstream will give an immediate indication that they have no connection to a fluid source, and it is immediately clear where the break has occurred.

lvllord
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Indicating empty pipes

Post by lvllord »

Just was about to post exactly the same. :D
*thumbsup*

wobbycarly
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by wobbycarly »

I second (or third?) this.

bobucles
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobucles »

I'm hoping for something more along the lines of the whole pipe gets colored when it becomes part of a network. When the whole pipe gets colored, its interactions become more apparent. There's only 8 flavors of liquid to choose from, so I think the color palette can handle it.

Philuminati
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Philuminati »

Another option would be to highlight all pipes connected to the pipe hovered over just like the game highlights underground sections of belts/pipes. This way it would be really easy to keep track of complicated pipe systems and you could see where something misses.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”