Keyboard shortcuts to turn on/off music/sound

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

jevon
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Keyboard shortcuts to turn on/off music/sound

Post by jevon »

I have a very simple feature request: the ability to turn music and/or sounds on/off using keyboard shortcuts.

Most games have these, normally as Ctrl-M and Ctrl-S (for Music and Sound respectively).

Sometimes I want the game music, other times I don't. Having to pop into the Sounds dialog every time is a little annoying.

Could also be helpful for streamers, they need to toggle music/sound frequently.

Thank you!

Firedodger
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Keyboard shortcuts to turn on/off music/sound

Post by Firedodger »

Vouch for this idea. I usually sit alone, but sometimes my wife joins me to fiddle behind her own computer or my kids watching stuff on the other rig. It would be a great QOL thing to have a keybinding to switch music on/off :)

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

I'd like those too - especially for music.
I'ts pretty useful if you like to vary what you are listening during game - in game music or some other player/radio.

wraithjuggler
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by wraithjuggler »

I agree, but I feel like CTRL+S is too close to other commonly pressed keys so it will probably be turned on and off by accident very frequently, so I would change that up in my opinion.

Qon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Qon »

I never heard of any games that do this, but I do want it for Factorio since I'm modding and have Factorio 24/7.

I can enter a game and ESC to pause the game and open the menu and that is strangely the only way to mute the music, because in the start menu the muic is on. So if I want to mute he sound I have to load a savefile and then pause after waiting for the save to load.

Mute sounds/music hotkey needs to work in the menu also for me.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”