Dis-assembler.

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Dis-assembler.

Post by bobingabout »

After talking about Factorio with a friend, he was Disapointed to say the least that you changed the splitter recipes to, not only be an upgrade of the previous Tier, but also the Express ones require lubricant.

In his opinion, splitters and underground belts are one of these things that you make on the fly as and when you need them, it's trouble enough that the express belt itself needs lubricant without having to automate splitters too.

This lead to a conversion about Why the splitter was introduced, so that the previous tier wasn't useless when you upgraded it. In my opinion, the previous tier wasn't even redundant in the first place, because you could use it on some low traffic belts, where the speed isn't important.

This lead to his sugestion of an alternate idea for what to do with old "obsolete" items, such as basic splitters.

Recycler, a machine that undoes any recipe, without having to define a recipe for every item first. You would get back out a percentage of what you put in to make it. say, 50% return. This could then be upgraded to 90% through research, and perhaps further with the use of modules.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Dis-assembler.

Post by ssilk »

Who is "you"? :)

And the express stuff is nothing, which can be made fast. In my opinion they should be only used, when you have no choice.

Edit: sorry come to the wrong button...

The recycler is one of those ideas, which never die. https://forums.factorio.com/forum/sea ... ling&fid=6
And I think it is needed, cause wished by so many. :)

And there are mods about recycling.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Align
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Dis-assembler.

Post by Align »

When there was talk of making the express splitter/underground variants require lubricant, I figured it would be indirect via using plain express belts in the recipes, since those require lubricant, not directly so you can't handcraft them... definitely want that ability back (though it turned out to be relatively easy to automate if I cheated and used logistic bots for the adv. circuits).

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”