Some UI to set a maximum on how many things to pick up

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

tragicshark
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Some UI to set a maximum on how many things to pick up

Post by tragicshark »

It would be nice if the quickbar had an ability to cap how many items you wanted to carry.

For example you could configure the player to only carry up to 1000 rails, 100 signals, 100 chain signals, 10 stations 20 wagons and 5 locomotives...

I was thinking perhaps some sort of click on the quickbar (maybe ctrl+rightclick or something) could give a ui where you can set a maximum and then when you ctrl+clicked on a box full of them or ran along a belt and slurped you would get a failure message when you hit the max.

This would not be the same as locking stack locations in inventory as you might in a train for example because it wouldn't prevent the inventory space from being usable by something else. It would merely place a limit on how many things you could pick up.

dood
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Some UI to set a maximum on how many things to pick up

Post by dood »

Why?
You can disable your personal roboport now.
That is the only thing that keeps flooding your inventory.

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by BlueTemplar »

Yes please, this would make it so much easier to refill your inventory before you reach fast logibots !
(EDIT : Now that I think of it, this seems like the "BlueBuild"/ConBot issue all over again - how to make it so that LogiBots don't become useless until late game ?)
BobDiggity (mod-scenario-pack)

Darinth
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Darinth »

BlueTemplar wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:26 pm
Yes please, this would make it so much easier to refill your inventory before you reach fast logibots !
(EDIT : Now that I think of it, this seems like the "BlueBuild"/ConBot issue all over again - how to make it so that LogiBots don't become useless until late game ?)
I mean... there are some similarities... but I don't really think it's the same. Honestly, I more just look at this and go 'Why...?' because taking exact amounts of whatever you need out of chests in the early game isn't all that difficult. I'm hard pressed to see myself using this feature if it was implemented. I change around my inventory amounts with too much frequency. I tend to get annoyed with the logistics resupply and constantly having to fiddle with it's amounts. It's only useful because it at least keeps me from having to return to chests.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”