New Train Condition - by wagons

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

wahming
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

New Train Condition - by wagons

Post by wahming »

TL;DR
A modifier to the train wait conditions, to apply them to one, multiple, or all wagons.

What ?
e.g. Instead of saying 'Cargo is empty', or 'Cargo is full', we can specify 'one wagon is empty', etc. Obviously not all existing conditions would work with per-wagon basis.
Why ?
Increases flexibility of train routing, at minimal effort.

Haven't seen this one in suggestions search - apologies if it's been suggested previously!

Tekky
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: New Train Condition - by wagons

Post by Tekky »

I am against this suggestion. In my opinion, it would be better if the following suggestion were implemented:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=51387 Rail car/locomotive scanners

That way, it would be possible to read the contents of individual wagons/locomotives using the circuit network. At the station, you could then set a wait condition based on a circuit network condition. This solution would be a lot more flexible than what you suggest.

wahming
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: New Train Condition - by wagons

Post by wahming »

Tekky wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:32 pm
I am against this suggestion. In my opinion, it would be better if the following suggestion were implemented:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=51387 Rail car/locomotive scanners

That way, it would be possible to read the contents of individual wagons/locomotives using the circuit network. At the station, you could then set a wait condition based on a circuit network condition. This solution would be a lot more flexible than what you suggest.
The underlying logic is similar for both, if they implement it it could easily be done for both suggestions.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”