Confirm button

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Skeletpiece
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Confirm button

Post by Skeletpiece »

Not everything should be "confirm" (Confirm should be when you change something, so you can confirm your changes). In this case should be back (And in some other windows)
Confirm button.PNG
Confirm button.PNG (229.05 KiB) Viewed 890 times

MiniHerc
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Confirm button

Post by MiniHerc »

+1. Confirm makes no sense for this dialog.

Pi-C
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Pi-C »

Skeletpiece wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:23 pm
Not everything should be "confirm" (Confirm should be when you change something, so you can confirm your changes). In this case should be back (And in some other windows)
"Confirm" is not the right word in this case -- but "Back" is even worse. IMHO, a GUI should be consistent. Having differently titled buttons for the same action (confirm changes and/or close the dialogue) is bad. How about a simple "OK"? That would fit both the "OK, I've read everything, now take me back" and the "OK, I've changed everything I wanted to change here" scenarios.
A good mod deserves a good changelog. Here's a tutorial (WIP) about Factorio's way too strict changelog syntax!

Darinth
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Darinth »

As long as the functionality is the same, a new name isn't always bad. Confirm in some boxes, close in others isn't inherently bad. Both with the nice green arrow button to indicate this is probably the button you're looking for to get out of that box.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”