0.17 Feature Request: Mine to hand

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Charidan
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

0.17 Feature Request: Mine to hand

Post by Charidan »

Please add some sort of mining option so that the item you mine goes to your hand (with a hand-placeholder appearing in your inventory so you can Q clear it there and don't break inventory limits). This probably wants to have a modifier key associated with it so it only happens when you want it, or at least a condition like "only when the hand is empty" (although not both).

The problem inspiring this change is that moving an object a short distance has become a chore in 0.17.

In 0.16 you would mine the object, it would appear in the first empty slot in your quickbar, and then you could pick the item out and place it back down.

In 0.17, you mine then object, then have to open your inventory and find the object, then place it down. Alternately, you could mine the object and then pick a slot in your quickbar and go through the item index to look up that item. Both options involve searching for the item in question among a large set of other items, which takes a lot of time and is annoying.

Picking up an object and then putting it back down is a very common use-case in my games, so some way to do that in a more streamlined fashion would be much appreciated.

Darinth
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: 0.17 Feature Request: Mine to hand

Post by Darinth »

Later on this is achieved by robots with the cut & paste functions. Early on... it'd probably be a bit more of an annoyance not having a way to easily get objects to your hand.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”