Master Settings

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.
Raze1991
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Master Settings

Post by Raze1991 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:14 pm

Hello,

There are three columns of Map generator: Frequency, Size and Richness. And all points within the same column has the same options (5-6-5).

How about add Master (total) options for Frequency, Size and Richness, and one for all of them.
Game client does not save last settings, used in Map generator after restarting client. only for current session.

Let the game saves the last used setting and/or add 3-4 Master options for convenience. It's not cool to click all options up/down setting step by step, if I want to keep the balance and change difficulty.

It is not in the main priority problem, and does not require instant adding to the game.
Just think about it, and maybe someday Map generator will be much more convenient.
Sorry for my English.

Alukat
Inserter
Inserter

[QoL] game creation/map generator

Post by Alukat » Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:18 am

merged into existing (very old) suggestions, but still very relevant
-- daniel34

Hello,

regarding frequency/size/richness, I use to change them all to low/small/poor which quite is quite some clicking. Especially if playing with mods like Dytech.
it'd be nice to have a field to change the entire setting of a column.

sparr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Map generator change all settings at once

Post by sparr » Mon Jun 06, 2016 5:41 am

merged with existing suggestion
-- daniel34

In the base game it's slightly annoying to change the Frequency / Size / Richness for 5 different rows. With something like Bob's Ores it's terrible.

How about one row across the top that says "change all" and has the three dropdown selectors, so I can set the F/S/R of every resource at once, then afterwards tweak the ones I want to have different?

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Master Settings

Post by ssilk » Mon Jun 06, 2016 2:48 pm

Added this thread to viewtopic.php?f=80&t=16592 Game Setup, Game Configuration, Init Screen
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”