Logistic network seperation

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Ranjohl
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Logistic network seperation

Post by Ranjohl »

Hey,

if there would be a possibility of separating logistic-networks, that would be great.
In 0.16 you can only separate two networks by having tile of "contruction area" between
the "supply-area".

What about a number of "checkboxes" within the Roboports.
Example for Checkboxes:
Network-number
Normaly every port belongs to the same network --> "1"; if you build a new port without a connection to network "1" --> it´s network "2" like in the "logistic network Inventoy" ; The "network-Number" gives a possibility of building small networks without having a "deadzone" around them and enables the transport of things from spot to spot, without building a single 16.5 million robot network with 329845932 ports
Connection
Supply-Area ; if=1 ; Supply is enabled in the area
consturctio-Area ; if=1 ; Constuaktion in enabled in the area
This give a possibility of building "Requester chest", but not supplying them, until you check the "Supply-Box" in the Roboport

Thanks for reading my english
Ranjohl

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Logistic network seperation

Post by steinio »

Ranjohl wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:05 am
In 0.16 you can [...] separate two networks by having tile of "contruction area" between
the "supply-area".

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

This is a very recurring suggestion that has been respawning regularly for litteral years (the oldest I foud is almost 5 years old, feb 2014).
A few links on similar/related suggestions in here : viewtopic.php?f=80&t=43460
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

<NO_NAME>
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by <NO_NAME> »

Devs have a special place in the office for displaying the ideas that every player would like to see implemented. They going there sometimes to look at it and laugh maniacally.
I am a translator. And what did you do for Factorio?
Check out my mod "Realistic Ores" and my other mods!

Tekky
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Tekky »

<NO_NAME> wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:00 pm
Devs have a special place in the office for displaying the ideas that every player would like to see implemented. They going there sometimes to look at it and laugh maniacally.
I would say that the devs have done a rather good job of implementing player suggestions over the past few years.

They seldomly implement the suggestions exactly as suggested, but take the suggestions into account when certain parts of the game are being redesigned anyway.

Of course, they can't implement all suggestions. And, right now, they are focussing less on implementing new features and more on polishing the already existing features, so that they can release version 1.0. Additonal features for advanced players are likely to follow afterwards, after the game has been officially released.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”