Do not force restart option

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Jiryx
Inserter
Inserter

Do not force restart option

Post by Jiryx »

I believe most of "mod-lovers" will welcome checkbox in options "Do not force restart" (...after mod change) allowing player to stay in game (just in menus) after altering mod Startup settings or adding mods / changing active mods.

I understand the game is not playable after this kind of changes, so if such changes occure, the "Play" and "Map editor" buttons should be grayed out and alert should popup "Mods changed - please restart game" when player tries to cklick on them. But the player should be able to decide, when he wants restart the game.

Sometimes i need to change more things and it is realy annoying and time consuming to restart game after every little change. When you have bob's, angel's, AAII, Youki, and 50+ other mods, and you want to add or change something, which may result in some incompatibilites or missing dependencies, and each restart takes more than 10 minutes, you only stare at the loading screen instead of playing.

So skiping even only half of those restarts will be absolutely great time saving.
Sometimes modifying mods makes more fun than playing them. ;-)

Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Do not force restart option

Post by Jap2.0 »

I haven't tested this myself, but would setting enable-new-mods to false in config.ini do this?
There are 10 types of people: those who get this joke and those who don't.

Jiryx
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Do not force restart option

Post by Jiryx »

I think this option only tells the game to consider all mods added manually in mods folder as file (not via ingame menu) and thus not mentioned in mods.ini as active by default. You don't have to launch game, toggle new mods to active and restart.
Sometimes modifying mods makes more fun than playing them. ;-)

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”