Integrated Circuits

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.
clingbeetle
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Integrated Circuits

Post by clingbeetle » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:28 pm

Hey guys,

Factorio is my favorite game of all time, hands down. I've put many hours into it but just recently I've been playing around with circuit networks. I love that circuit networks are in the game, but currently the need to place down each component in the world and wiring everything up to the inputs and outputs is a bit tedious, especially if you're doing more in depth processes. I don't think they should be completely replaced, but I would like to see the addition of integrated circuit networks. So basically you would create a circuit, then you can open up a ui and place objects onto the circuit like arithmetic and decider combinators, and wire them up just like you would in game, but everything is kept in a single circuit in your inventory. Then you could place down something like a circuit reader in the world, then just stick your integrated circuit into it and connect all your inputs. This could allow for incredibly complex circuit networks that dont require you to build a massive structure.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Integrated Circuits

Post by mrvn » Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:19 pm

clingbeetle wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:28 pm
Hey guys,

Factorio is my favorite game of all time, hands down. I've put many hours into it but just recently I've been playing around with circuit networks. I love that circuit networks are in the game, but currently the need to place down each component in the world and wiring everything up to the inputs and outputs is a bit tedious, especially if you're doing more in depth processes. I don't think they should be completely replaced, but I would like to see the addition of integrated circuit networks. So basically you would create a circuit, then you can open up a ui and place objects onto the circuit like arithmetic and decider combinators, and wire them up just like you would in game, but everything is kept in a single circuit in your inventory. Then you could place down something like a circuit reader in the world, then just stick your integrated circuit into it and connect all your inputs. This could allow for incredibly complex circuit networks that dont require you to build a massive structure.
You can do that in factorissimo but transfering circuit signals in and out of the factory building is a huge drain on UPS so it's not really feasable as replacement for general circuit building.

Oktokolo
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Integrated Circuits

Post by Oktokolo » Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:59 am

clingbeetle wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:28 pm
I love that circuit networks are in the game, but currently the need to place down each component in the world and wiring everything up to the inputs and outputs is a bit tedious, especially if you're doing more in depth processes. I don't think they should be completely replaced, but I would like to see the addition of integrated circuit networks.
You might find one of the following mods usefull. They all implement microcontrollers in different ways and can be combined with vanilla combinators:
Programmable Logic Controller Unit
Advanced Combinator
Microcontroller

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”