more configurable roboports

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

chromaddict
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

more configurable roboports

Post by chromaddict »

TL;DR
Being able to disconnect roboports would be a huge help.

What ?
I would love to have the ability to disconnect roboports so that I could dedicate bots to certain builds. Currently to do this you have to move them far enough away that the factory gets quite spread out. If it were possible to remove links like you can with power poles it would allow much more compact builds. Alternately if there were different frequencies you could select when placing them they could overlap but bots would stay dedicated to what you want them to be doing and not fly across the map to do something else.
Why ?
Roboports are a huge help in mid to late game, having more configuration options would only increase their value.

Horatio
Inserter
Inserter

Re: more configurable roboports

Post by Horatio »

Counteroffer :idea: .
:arrow: ID for drones. :arrow:
Ability to expose specialty for a specific list of ID. 1-50 - woodcutters. 51 - 100 - repair, 101-150 - construction of inserters. In addition, bots and their specialty can be assigned to a single port. For example, the production of inserters, near the droneport. You always know that the inserters will be delivered as soon as they are ready, because There are drones that are responsible for this. :geek:
Raise the topic to the top. 8-)

Darinth
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: more configurable roboports

Post by Darinth »

While I like the concept, keep in mind you'd need to also be able to lock down everything that interacts with the logistics network as well to restrict it to only be a part of specific network(s). I also kind of like the simple reality that the solution to drones being dumb is simply more drones. Eventually you will saturate your network with enough drones that there's always a nearby drone to perform the needed tasks.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”