Trees and Rocks

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Stlyau
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Trees and Rocks

Post by Stlyau »

Would it be possible to get trees and rocks to remember the time spent hand mining them (pre-bots), kinda like "mined damage"? Guess I'm only asking because there is so many times with 2 rocks or trees next to each other that the cursor switches to the other and the mining time starts from scratch. It becomes a bit annoying when you are trying to clear one and then you're on the other, then having to restart the mining time again for the one you wanted.

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Trees and Rocks

Post by eradicator »

They actually do unless you change targets like you describe. I haven't had that issue myself. Maybe your mouse is too fast :P?
Might be possible to increase the "remembered entities" list to something like 5 or 10 or so, as a "second health bar" - so to speak - for every tree is hardly going to happen.

Amarula
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Wrong Target removing trees and rocks (was: Trees and Rocks)

Post by Amarula »

For me, the issue is not the mining time, it is selecting the right target. If you always select the rock you want, you don't need to worry about the cases when you don't. I frequently encounter grabbing the wrong thing - I want to pick up a belt and accidentally start mining the tree next to it, or I want to mine a tree and I accidentally remove a power pole. It typically happens after I have used auto placement, running along to lay down a line of belts or power poles or train tracks... I don't think it is an issue of mouse speed, it is the ability to accurately select a target when there are multiple targets in close proximity. It is related to the GUI using the same key for mining and for picking up previously placed items, but even a filter or other option to select which is intended this time doesn't help in the (rare) case when I want to remove a specific tree from a dense forest... Maybe the ability to zoom in farther than is currently possible, so you can more easily ensure that you have selected the correct target?
My own personal Factorio super-power - running out of power.

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Wrong Target removing trees and rocks (was: Trees and Rocks)

Post by eradicator »

Amarula wrote:Maybe the ability to zoom in farther than is currently possible, so you can more easily ensure that you have selected the correct target?
Try allow-increased-zoom in the debug options (all the way down). I don't think that's a valid solution, at least i personally play at a somewhat constant zoom level.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”