Recipe Tree

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

LuziferSenpai
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Recipe Tree

Post by LuziferSenpai »

Hey,

I had a discussion with lovely_santa on Discord over a Recipe Tree. It would be nice if we have someway in Vanilla to see which Recipes we all have and than can see from which Recipes we can get the Ressources and for which Recipes its useful.

Here a Picture:

And it would use the Line System from the Tech Tree for nice visualization.

The cost part from the Tech could be replaced by where you can craft it in and the effect part would be fully replaced with the Recipe. So Ingredients and Output + Recipe Time.

Greetz,

Luzifer
Coding is awesome!
Animes are love!
Factorio is life!

My MODs:
Click

Greetz,

Senpai

Lav
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Recipe Tree

Post by Lav »

I'm pretty sure trying to squeeze the production dependency tree into research screen would create a mess where one would be unable to use the screen for either task.

Personally I'm all for support of production tree visualization, but in a separate screen, possibly accessed via inventory/produce window.

LukeM
Inserter
Inserter

Post by LukeM »

Lav wrote:I'm pretty sure trying to squeeze the production dependency tree into research screen would create a mess where one would be unable to use the screen for either task.

Personally I'm all for support of production tree visualization, but in a separate screen, possibly accessed via inventory/produce window.
Sounds to me like thats what they are suggesting, just the easiest way to give an example graphic was using the existing tech tree I guess, even if it is supposed to be different.

LuziferSenpai
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by LuziferSenpai »

Lav wrote:I'm pretty sure trying to squeeze the production dependency tree into research screen would create a mess where one would be unable to use the screen for either task.

I mean in a new Window ...
Coding is awesome!
Animes are love!
Factorio is life!

My MODs:
Click

Greetz,

Senpai

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

oh my god, you're full on bob's mods, even with the recoloured science packs!

ahem.

Yes, I agree, having a new screen for production tree sounds like a good idea to me.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

LuziferSenpai
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by LuziferSenpai »

bobingabout wrote:oh my god, you're full on bob's mods, even with the recoloured science packs!

ahem.

Yes, I agree, having a new screen for production tree sounds like a good idea to me.
Yea that is PAIN!!
Coding is awesome!
Animes are love!
Factorio is life!

My MODs:
Click

Greetz,

Senpai

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

LuziferSenpai wrote:
bobingabout wrote:oh my god, you're full on bob's mods, even with the recoloured science packs!

ahem.

Yea that is PAIN!!
You can turn that off if you don't like it you know. main menu -> options -> mods, scroll down to bob tech, turn off the science pack colour update option.

You do know why the colours changed though, right? they now match belt tier colours.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

LuziferSenpai
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by LuziferSenpai »

bobingabout wrote:
LuziferSenpai wrote:

ahem.

Yea that is PAIN!!
You can turn that off if you don't like it you know. main menu -> options -> mods, scroll down to bob tech, turn off the science pack colour update option.

You do know why the colours changed though, right? they now match belt tier colours.
I mean I like it, but its Pain XD
Coding is awesome!
Animes are love!
Factorio is life!

My MODs:
Click

Greetz,

Senpai

LuziferSenpai
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by LuziferSenpai »

So, any Update to this Topic, Devs?
Coding is awesome!
Animes are love!
Factorio is life!

My MODs:
Click

Greetz,

Senpai

S_gamez
Inserter
Inserter

Post by S_gamez »

so add a page in the research tree just as they did now for the inventory. When it comes to logistics, and character

netmand
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by netmand »

I think any version of this idea is good. It would be nice to have a tech/recipe planning tool in the base game.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”