Make buffer chest work better with circuit network

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

SLB
Inserter
Inserter

Make buffer chest work better with circuit network

Post by SLB »

What:
Need a switch between "red wire output green wire input" or "red wire input green wire output" for blue and green chest .
It can make "Set requests" and "Read contents" at same time

Why:
There is a problem when the buffer chest work with circuit network.
For example: 100 steels in red chest and I want to transport all of them to nearly green chest with circuit network set requests.
It's not work because when robot transport 50 steel to green chest , the green chest just get 50 steels signals from red chest and 50 steels already in green chest .
Well ,in real use case the steels in red chest is from train. The green chest is the train staion buffer . The value of items in green chest control the staion on/off.
I do not use purple and yellow chest because all my base in a single supply area .Maybe some yellow chest at the other side of the base. I can not control the yellow chest which is robot choose.
If I can "Set requests" and "Read contents" at same time , I can plus the steel signals from red and greel chest and output to green chest. It's solved the problem .

Hedning1390
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Make buffer chest work better with circuit network

Post by Hedning1390 »

If you want to separate inputs from outputs I think it would make more sense to suggest chests to have an input side and an output side so that they are consistent with the rest of the game.

However we don't need this as whatever it is you want to accomplish can already be accomplished.

bobucles
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobucles »

Can't you use combinators with the wildcard symbols to pass signals in one directon?

SLB
Inserter
Inserter

Post by SLB »

bobucles wrote:Can't you use combinators with the wildcard symbols to pass signals in one directon?
It's not work, the "Set requests" and "Read contents" can only select one.
If you set requests with circuit network you can't get any signal from buffer chest, no matter about wildcard symbols.
Hedning1390 wrote:If you want to separate inputs from outputs I think it would make more sense to suggest chests to have an input side and an output side so that they are consistent with the rest of the game.

However we don't need this as whatever it is you want to accomplish can already be accomplished.
I do not understand why you say it's accomplished. How?
If you mean use inserter move items from "Set requests" buffer chest to "Read contents" buffer chest and get signals from the latter.
It's not a good solution. the inserter will become a bottleneck and waste many UPS.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”