Leaderboard?

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Terukio
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Leaderboard?

Post by Terukio »

TL;DR
There should be an leader board for games without any mods.

What ?
I suggest that there should be a point based leader board. Perhaps starting at 100,000 points and your score would go down by 1 point per second of game play.
Completing the game in 8 hours would result in a score of 100,000-(8)(60)(60)= 71,200
The amount of points you start with could be proportionally affected by your starting conditions. For example, 100,000 would be default everything while 200,000 could be very small resource settings. Of course, the numbers could be altered for balancing reasons.
Resource size, density, enemies, etc would all affect the starting point value. Your score would be based off of when you sent a rocket with a satellite into space.

Why ?
I believe this increases Factorio's value as a game, as it gives players that have completed the game something to strive for. I understand this is a sandbox game where you create your own goals, but I've been noticing the topic of Speed Running come up and I think this would be a nice idea to give everyone a chance to participate in an unique way.

What do you guys think?

Hannu
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Leaderboard?

Post by Hannu »

In my opinion devs should not use very much time for such competitive playstyle. Then someone will find a way to manipulate save files and others get angry and it will take continuously significant developing resources to chase cheaters.

You weighted speed in your suggestion. There are already speed running community. As far as I know, they have thought much better rules and controls against cheaters than would be realistic to expect from devs. Maybe you should join to their sites.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”