Copy Paste Beacons

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

bradicai
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Copy Paste Beacons

Post by bradicai »

I would like to see beacon's "recipe" copy paste-able like assembler recipes. I know its not really the recipe, but its a little overkill to have to blueprint a beacon with correct contents and then paste over an empty beacon, and thats if your becons are empty. it would be nice and i belive, not confusing in the slightest, that copying the same way chests, filter inserters, assmeblers, train colors, train routes, trainstops, combinators, would be used the same for becaons. it would have to que a remove items and then que a add items.

dood
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Copy Paste Beacons

Post by dood »

You can just drop modules by ctrl+ clicking beacons.
Hold the mouse, module all of the beacons. No need to copypaste something that requires a finite item and besides, assemblers have room for modules too.
You don't necessarily want to copy those when copying a recipe.

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadlock989 »

dood wrote:You can just drop modules by ctrl+ clicking beacons.
Hold the mouse, module all of the beacons. No need to copypaste something that requires a finite item and besides, assemblers have room for modules too.
Doesn't work when a beacon has a mixture of different modules. You can run along filling a line of beacons with just one module type, but you can't easily give a specific mix of modules without blueprints/construction bots. Same for assemblers or anything that has modules.

As ever, there are mods for this.

dood
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by dood »

Deadlock989 wrote:
Doesn't work when a beacon has a mixture of different modules.
Why would you mix an efficiency module with a speed module?
That's the only mix you can do and for that matter, why would you put efficiency modules into beacons at all?
You waste space and energy to to conserve energy, most likely less than the beacon consumes to begin with.

The only thing that makes sense to put into them are speed modules, to the point where you wouldn't lose anything if you got rid of their slots and just made them act like speed beacons by default.

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadlock989 »

Deadlock989 wrote:Same for assemblers or anything that has modules.

bradicai
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by bradicai »

this only works if you have enough modules in your inventory. I have had many occurrences where i don't have enough in my inventory but my robots are able to construct, at that point i have to make a blueprint of a module-ed beacon and paste it instead. just extra steps for something that seems redundant. a beacon is NOTHING without any modules, similar to assemblers are NOTHING without a recipe, so instead of selecting each assembler and selecting recipes you are able you copy paste the "instructions" of an assembler, similar to inserters and tons of other things i mentioned in the original post.
dood wrote:You don't necessarily want to copy those when copying a recipe.
Im actually not suggesting copying the module configuration of assemblers to beacons. i was only suggesting copy pasting beacons' to beacons, same way that chest limiters can only copy paste to chests, and not cargo wagons.
copying assemblers' module configuration could be nice, but i agree that copypaste of recipe only is better as you can still blueprint the module config, however pasting a blueprint with modules, doesn't update the assembler to the blueprinted module config, which doesnt seem to follow how the recipe get updated.

My argument is that the continuity seems lacking and i don't think it would harm any aspect of the game or the interface, while providing a helpful hand.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”