PVP Scenarios - Multiplayer Waiting Room

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

cl0wnt0wn
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

PVP Scenarios - Multiplayer Waiting Room

Post by cl0wnt0wn »

TL;DR
Add a waiting room for multiplayer scenarios such that players can connect to a running server, join teams.
What ?
The players start in a lobby surface, which always exists, and they are teleported only after the battle surface chunks are generated. Ideally, we would have a holding step, which may auto-countdown from 30 seconds, but an Admin could pause that countdown as needed (not pause the game). I believe something similar is implemented in the Team Production Scenario already (the starting heat pipe smiley face screen).
Why ?
We experienced this in this weekend's PVP Event where all players logged into the paused server, then, upon unpausing the game, several players could not move, and had to log out and reconnect, or were dropped from the game entirely. The server then had to re-catch up over several minutes, affecting gameplay for several players. You can watch the sequence here as we attempted ~28 players with 2 spectators. The server never jumped above 20% CPU usage, and 11% RAM usage, so I don't believe it was a server. This issue went on to cause several players to drop out, then, upon logging back in, caused them to drop their Team Leader status for the diplomacy settings, having 2 of the 7 teams without the ability to affect Diplomacy at all.

Thanks in advance!
-CT

<NO_NAME>
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: PVP Scenarios - Multiplayer Waiting Room

Post by <NO_NAME> »

So you need a new feature just to bypass a bug in the game.
Wouldn't be simpler to report the bug?
I am a translator. And what did you do for Factorio?
Check out my mod "Realistic Ores" and my other mods!

cl0wnt0wn
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: PVP Scenarios - Multiplayer Waiting Room

Post by cl0wnt0wn »

<NO_NAME> wrote:So you need a new feature just to bypass a bug in the game.
Wouldn't be simpler to report the bug?
Both - And :D

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”