fix fussy pumps and add a planning aid

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Mauslag PIngman
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

fix fussy pumps and add a planning aid

Post by Mauslag PIngman »

First off I have just come back to Factorio. I stopped playing for a year or more. This should explain anything idiotic I might say.

Why are pumps so fussy about where you park your train? The factories play nice. An inserter can put things into a factory when it just touches the edge, but a pump demands you find the one, tiny, exact spot on a fluid wagon where it will accept fluid. Too fussy and its inconsistent. Why should one thing be fussy when another thing isn't?

I'd also like to suggest that when I hold down the ALT key I see my factory displaying ghosts of what I originally planned to put on the belts. Hold alt to see ghost of copper plate flowing on the left side of the belt and Iron plate on the right.
I'd like a better planning tool. I start out knowing where I want my products flowing, but as I lay down more factories and belts its easy to forget or get mixed up as to where iron or copper plates are supposed to be. Are they on the right or left of the belt or on this belt or that? I'd like to be able to hold down a key and maybe see ghosts of the products flowing so that I immedeatly know when there is no room for things or this or that belt is already supposed to have this or that product on this or that side. If a factory is not having its products removed by inserters maybe it could change a color a little so that I can quickly scan 30 factories and see which ones should be fixed by adding an inserter or deleted because there is no way to automate the removal of product from that factory.

JimBarracus
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: fix fussy pumps and add a planning aid

Post by JimBarracus »

The pumps work great with automatic trains.
The game is about automation, it is not intended to drive the train by yourself.

On a larger train system it is dangerous to drive a train by hand.
Your chance to crash is high.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”