Space wreck debris items

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Gebus
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Space wreck debris items

Post by Gebus »

Begin each game with nearby mineable debris/space wreck, providing configurable starting materials. Possible expansion of various space debris scattered across the map.

Now I think on it, this is a bit like Subnautica, but it's an excellent game so why not borrow from it?

There are "quick start" mods, I know, but I feel having reminders of the accident that put you on this infested planet would improve immersion.

From a gameplay perspective, the contents of debris could be configurable, luck based, game time based, or distance from start point based. This could lead to interesting gamplay dynamics: "I found a nuclear reactor reasearch unlock! Early nuclear power!", or "yessss 100 fast insertors in my starting wreck!".

Debris could be centers for biter growth, perhaps meaning later game debris is both far away and well defended. You could include "debris scanning tools" as in game tools/research. Perhaps mining some debris is the only way to obtain rocket parts... and maybe our space ship was carrying the very samples which casued the crash and infestation of the planet?

I could write more on this as I think it opens so many doors, but I'll end it here and for now. Thanks so much for this amazing game (I'm nearly 900 hours in!).

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”