Reinventing Worms

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Align
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Reinventing Worms

Post by Align »

Right now worms are the worst part of dealing with biters; there's no way to avoid getting hit, so it doesn't really feel like I can deal with them in a skilful way, but you have all the time in the world to repair and regenerate while they sit there, waiting to die.

I was thinking they should be mobile by tunneling underground, but change their shots to be dumb-fire rather than homing, though they should probably deal splash damage to compensate for the projectile speed. This would also make them effective against player defences, turret creep especially, while allowing an attacking player to dodge (if you're moving fast enough anyway). But since they outrange turrets, don't make them join the biter swarms in attacking the player; that is, they'd follow the player once stirred from their nests, but not go attack on their own, pollution or no.

ludsoe
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Reinventing Worms

Post by ludsoe »

I tried this with the MoCombat mod, changing the projectiles to dumb fire like the shotgun breaks everything. As you cant set them to no collide with biters only. (Not enough fine control over collisions.)

SteelGiant
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Reinventing Worms

Post by SteelGiant »

ludsoe wrote:I tried this with the MoCombat mod, changing the projectiles to dumb fire like the shotgun breaks everything. As you cant set them to no collide with biters only. (Not enough fine control over collisions.)
Isn't the effect you want for the worm projectiles not the shotgun pellet effect, but more like a very short lived version of the poison capsule effect?

The worm attack should fly over everything until it lands, then explode splashing everything.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”