Logistic bot network usage statistics

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

SteelGiant
Inserter
Inserter

Logistic bot network usage statistics

Post by SteelGiant »

I suggest that the logistic bots report their time spent broken down by charging, idle, moving, and ferrying items by type. This would be accessible from a roboport, similar to an electrical network usage statistics.

This would allow you to see if a certain type of resource was taking a disproportionate amount of your bots capacity. For example, if green circuit hauling was 99% of all your bots were doing, then you might consider putting in a belt or moving production closer to consumption.

Additionally, the breakdown of idle time could be used to determine if you need more bots, and time spent moving without carrying would indicate that you should change the layout of your factory so that bots could carry one resource on an outbound trip and another resource on the return journey. Excessive time spent charging/waiting to charge would indicate the need for more roboports.

JSCarter
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Logistic bot network usage statistics

Post by JSCarter »

This is a really nice idea, breakdown similar to the production menu (press 'p') or the electricity network would be really interesting if nothing else!

SteelGiant
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Logistic bot network usage statistics

Post by SteelGiant »

Thanks, I thought it might be interesting to see these kinds of data, glad someone else is interested.

I believe that it should be feasible to track these stats, given how well the game already provides detailed information on item production and energy usage; a similarly demanding task. I'm actually very impressed by how well the game runs, given the vast numbers of moving objects at all times and it is able to record statistics as well! Perhaps I have just had my expectations lowered by the performance of minecraft's horribly cludged java, but I think the devs have done a great job here.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”