Factorio PvP mode

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

zabba
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Factorio PvP mode

Post by zabba »

TL;DR
Faction multiplayer with alien hordes on each side that fight each other.
What ?
You have 2 bases for 2 teams on a map. In between the 2 bases you have a road on where the aliens walk towards the enemy base.
Each team starts with the vanilla Factorio items and has to build their base as fast as possible. The focus lies heavily on defending the base and creating more alien hives to send bigger and better alien waves to the enemy base.
The players must build a factory in their base, but they also need to build lots of turrets to keep the enemy aliens out and on top of that they will have to build new alien hives.
It needs to be possible to build various types of alien hives, so that you can determine what kind of alien you want to send into the fight. Also it would be nice to be able to upgrade the alien hives, so it sends more aliens per wave or it improves the stats of the respective alien, like health, attack dmg or speed (I guess that alien hive upgrade thingy would be optional as it would probably introduce too many new things into the game).
Aliens should spawn in waves. This means, there needs to be a timer that runs down. Within that time, the hives keep spawning aliens until the timer is done, then all aliens will start moving at the same time towards the enemy base.
Once the alien wave is on the move from their home base to the enemy base, they will attack all enemy aliens on their way. All surviving aliens will keep moving towards the enemy base to start attacking it.

The winner of the game is the team that was able to send enough aliens to destroy the enemy base.
(check out my awesome paint drawing :P)
[img]FactorioCastleFight.png[/img]
Why ?
PvP is not a big part of this game, but I always thought that PvP would make this game even more fun, especially if you played it for a few hundred hours already.
Options
So for me, i don't need to have this in vanilla if this is too complicated or not desired. I just think that the PvP mode should be extended and turned into something that is actually fun and usable. At the moment lots of things don't really make sense in multiplayer. I would also make a mod if someone could at least tell me if this idea would be possible to implement.
Attachments
FactorioCastleFight.png
FactorioCastleFight.png (75.92 KiB) Viewed 1217 times

Franco
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Factorio PvP mode

Post by Franco »

sounds pretty crazy, but like a lot of fun. I think the hives would need that upgrade function for the aliens to make them stronger to create an unbalance on the battlefield.

would love to see some improvements within the pvp section...

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”