Covered Conveyor belt

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

CriusXD
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Covered Conveyor belt

Post by CriusXD »

I don't know if this is a solution for UPS, but I thought of creating an extra type of belt for transporting products. I don't know if it's possible, but maybe it is possible.
The new belt is a covered conveyor belt (not underground) where you can't see the products on it.

I try it with an drawing, because English is hard to write for me.

GottZ
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Covered Conveyor belt

Post by GottZ »

in addition it could be attached to the logic network and output the whole content of the belt.
thinking about how undergrounds work i bet this would lower belt UPS demands.

that area where the inserter grabs from could also turned into a loader to essentially get rid of inserter UPS requirements
and in addition to that, this could be faster than blue belts.

this would successfully nerf bots without modifying bots.
ImageImage

Sifu
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Sifu »

Underground belts are pretty much "Covered belts", no?

Tekky
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Tekky »

Hiding the contents of a belt may improve FPS (frames per second), but not UPS (updates per second), as the contents of the belt must still be simulated (just not displayed).
GottZ wrote:thinking about how undergrounds work i bet this would lower belt UPS demands.
Since 0.16, it is no longer true that underground belts are better for UPS. The whole point of the belt optimizations was to simulate several belt pieces at once (as was already the case with underground belts) instead of every piece individually. See Factorio Friday Facts #176 for further information.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”