there should be programmer robots

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

piggy2
Inserter
Inserter

there should be programmer robots

Post by piggy2 »

so the idea behind programmers is that they are robots that can change what things are doing. examples:you have a chemical plant making sulfur but you want to change it to making plastic,you want to stop using a resource,etc,etc

n9103
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: there should be programmer robots

Post by n9103 »

Seems like it could get way too complicated fast, but interesting idea.
Colonel Failure wrote:You can lose your Ecologist Badge quite quickly once you get to the point of just being able to murder them willy-nilly without a second care in the world.

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FishSandwich »

Can't you do that already by changing the recipe yourself? How does telling a robot to change the recipe help?

Neoxx
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Neoxx »

n9103 wrote:Seems like it could get way too complicated fast, but interesting idea.
I thought that was the point. Automate yourself out of the equation, so you only ever worry about expansion and designing future factories!

Neoxx
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Neoxx »

FishSandwich wrote:Can't you do that already by changing the recipe yourself? How does telling a robot to change the recipe help?
It could be tied to the red/green network, so when you reach a certain volume of one item, the bot kicks in and changes the recipe, which then outputs to a different chest.

Example: in my "hard mode" game, I didn't spawn with any accessible coal, so I had to rely on oil based fuels. So, I don't want to over produce fuel so it can be used for plastics, and I also have very little space because of the surrounding aliens. It makes sense for it to only produce so much fuel, then switch to converting to light oil or petroleum until more fuel is needed.

I think this idea would have much more merit if buildings that had an active recipe used up more energy when sitting idle.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”