Circuit network connections for splitters

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Gandamir
Inserter
Inserter

Add circuit controls to splitters

Post by Gandamir »

TL;DR
Add circuit controls to splitters for automated lane prioritisation.

What ?
I would love to automate setting of priority for outputs (but why stop there) for splitters to control where low flow items end up based upon my current base priorities.
Why ?
With the addition of assembler automation in FF#394, I can see this being needed to help control some of the inputs/outputs from the assemblers.

But also as mentioned to control when running low on an item on where it ends up. :)

Qon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Add circuit controls to splitters

Post by Qon »

I really wanted to control my splitter with combinator circuits before for the mixed bus and randomly placed assembler cells. I had to use inserters instead, but it was ugly and I would have much preferred controlling splitters instead.

Illiander42
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Add circuit controls to splitters

Post by Illiander42 »

Qon wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2024 12:54 pm
I really wanted to control my splitter with combinator circuits before for the mixed bus and randomly placed assembler cells. I had to use inserters instead, but it was ugly and I would have much preferred controlling splitters instead.
This would let us do some really cool stuff with multibus setups and programmable assemblers.

wilk85
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Circuit network connections for splitters

Post by wilk85 »

i wanted to create a topic with splitters controlled by the circuit network but here it is

but more important for me is to control filter with circuit network and control prority side also

+1

Windsinger
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Circuit network connections for splitters

Post by Windsinger »

Filter logic (black/whitelist) applied to splitter, you only have to manually select the side which is unfiltered (or give a direction signal L/R)

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”