Minimap borders on ore deposits

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Blailus
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Minimap borders on ore deposits

Post by Blailus »

So I just recently generated a 0.16 map to play and I started in the desert. The problem I had was I thought there was no stone nearby, which seemed odd, as since I didn't change the default settings I knew there must be some around, but I couldn't see it, due to the similarity of stone color on the minimap and the desert biome color. This led to me tech'ing to automobilism and creating a car to scout around and find some which was well outside the starting area.

My idea is to draw the borders around the ore deposits that display on hover, all the time, so they pop out at the player, making it easier to spot them. Having this be a selectable option, like the inserter arrows would probably be a good idea also.

Another possible solution would be to change the color of the ore patch based on the color it sits on top of. I'm not sure what kind of offset would be needed to have it be visible.

I've also tried to find a mod that does this, but can't, so if anyone else knows of one, please let me know!

Some screenshots to show the issue:
Zoomed out minimap view

Hovering over the stone

Zoomed out in-game

Zoomed in in-game

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”