Some multiplayer suggestions

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Merssedes
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Some multiplayer suggestions

Post by Merssedes »

I'll try not to duplicate existing...

1) Different icons for bookmarked servers.
So we can separate "i want play here" from "i don't want play there" and "i'd like to play over there, but can have problems"

2) Clientside option to prevent server saving games.
I saw some servers with autosave enabled and forcing it for clients. Usually if it's not my server, i don't need this saves.

3) Option to limit download map speed.
There is some network setups (for example, shared between multiple peoples internet line) when i don't want map downloading at maximum available speed (causes internet problems for others up to disconnects). Yes, it takes longer to download & sync, but i'd like to be able to do it.

Jon8RFC
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Some multiplayer suggestions

Post by Jon8RFC »

#2 is possible?! Are you certain that it saved locally on your computer, and it wasn't actually the server saving for itself? When the server saves, the dialog pops up so you know it's saving and can see the progress, and so you don't assume that the game froze.

Merssedes
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Some multiplayer suggestions

Post by Merssedes »

Jon8RFC wrote:#2 is possible?! Are you certain that it saved locally on your computer, and it wasn't actually the server saving for itself? When the server saves, the dialog pops up so you know it's saving and can see the progress, and so you don't assume that the game froze.
server-settings.example.json wrote: "_comment_autosave_only_on_server": "Whether autosaves should be saved only on server or also on all connected clients. Default is true.",
"autosave_only_on_server": true,
When this option true, it forces clients to make save whenever server do.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”