Disassemble Items?

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

silman
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Disassemble Items?

Post by silman »

Why is there no way to disassemble items into their component parts? It would be way better to disassemble my burner miners and burner inserters than havijng to destroy them. Obviously certain things shouldn be able to be disassembled without help (like turning a spool of copper wire back into a bar would require a furnace).

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Disassemble Items?

Post by ssilk »

Discussed often, search for recycling, waste... From gameplay there is currently no need for that and that is also the devs standpoint: there will be no recycler, cause it will be used only for very low amount of items.

Put em in a chest and destroy it. :)
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Align
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Align »

It would be enough if they were smeltable... wooden boxes are usable as fuel, so it doesn't seem unreasonable for burner drills or iron armor to smelt into a bar of steel.

silman
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by silman »

ssilk wrote:Discussed often, search for recycling, waste... From gameplay there is currently no need for that and that is also the devs standpoint: there will be no recycler, cause it will be used only for very low amount of items.

Put em in a chest and destroy it. :)
I am saddened by this, and i disagree that they would be used very infrequently. Of course they wouldn't be used super often for burner technology because once we get electricity we no longer make burner stuff usually, but disassembling a car, or an assembly machine 3, or some other stuff that requires a lot of resources would prove to be super useful.

I just think that if this is a game about manufacturing a big part of manufacturing is rework and recycling, and the game should at least implement something to do rework with.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Take the number of items you would like to recycle divided by the number of items furnaced.

How many zeros will come after the decimal-point?

Now take the number of really needed things to do to finish this game divided through the number of things which are optional/nice features. If that number is gonna be bigger, than the above number, I would say: yes, this is a cool idea. :)
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”