Make the console command warning once-per session

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Gergely
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Make the console command warning once-per session

Post by Gergely »

In a sentence:

Make the console command warning that you get (the warning that console commands disable achievements) appear only once after starting up Factorio.
Why?
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=51873
What?
Make the warning that using console commands disables achievements appear only once after starting up Factorio instead of appearing after every start of the freeplay scenario.
Players who execute commands in multiple new games in succession should only be warned the first time.

quyxkh
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Make the console command warning once-per session

Post by quyxkh »

As the game is now, you hit <backtick><up-arrow> <enter> after your first command in a game to issue that command and switch the game to console-commands-ok mode. Is that the effort you want to avoid? I get the feeling I'm missing something.

Gergely
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Make the console command warning once-per session

Post by Gergely »

quyxkh wrote:As the game is now, you hit <backtick><up-arrow> <enter> after your first command in a game to issue that command and switch the game to console-commands-ok mode. Is that the effort you want to avoid? I get the feeling I'm missing something.
I already said it, it's a long shortcut: (See the topic I linked)
Gergely wrote:
bobucles wrote:Type
Enter
Up!
Enter.
Pretty simple.
I know that trick. It's a long shortcut. It's neither pretty nor better. I guess this one is keyboard and finger specific opinion. I still have to press enter and it's not comfortable right after pressing up.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”