Burner inserter fuel bonus

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Burner inserter fuel bonus

Post by mrvn »

Carl wrote:One note to the above discussion, if Nuclear powered miners where allowed you'd have to come up with some system of giving burner miners a mining area bigger than their physical size. Otherwise a good chunk of the ore will never get mined.
The downside of burner miners is that you have to move them after they have mined half the ore field. Nothing wrong with that.

Carl
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Carl »

mrvn wrote:
Carl wrote:One note to the above discussion, if Nuclear powered miners where allowed you'd have to come up with some system of giving burner miners a mining area bigger than their physical size. Otherwise a good chunk of the ore will never get mined.
The downside of burner miners is that you have to move them after they have mined half the ore field. Nothing wrong with that.
Except for it making them completely inferiour to electric mines yeah, nothing wrong whatsoever.

wpirobotbuilder
Inserter
Inserter

Post by wpirobotbuilder »

bobucles wrote:Would you use more steel furnaces if they got the same speed bonus? The +20% from solid fuel is nice, and rocket fuel towards the endgame is a big boost. It'd definitely promote coal cracking to get the faster furnaces, however even the +150% boost from nuclear fuel would struggle to compete against a full beacon base.
I would delay the transition from steel to electric furnaces if I could get more plates per second out of an existing steel furnace setup. Of course, eventually the transition to electric furnaces will happen to take advantage of productivity and speed modules.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

Carl wrote:
mrvn wrote:
Except for it making them completely inferiour to electric mines yeah, nothing wrong whatsoever.
If it were any other way then what would be the point of electric miners?

itchylol742
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Fuel consuming items' speed scale with fuel type

Post by itchylol742 »

Fuel consuming items like burner inserters and steel furnaces speed should scale with fuel type, like how vehicles get more acceleration and speed for different fuel types. For example, a steel furnace with rocket fuel would smelt at the same speed as an electric furnace with two level 3 speed modules. The logistic challenge of bringing fuel to steel furnaces and burner inserters is quite interesting, but unfortunately both are not viable in the endgame. If they scaled with fuel type, it would make steel furnaces with endgame fuel viable in competition to electric furnaces with beacons and modules, and burner inserters viable in competition with stack inserters.

Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Fuel consuming items' speed scale with fuel type

Post by Jap2.0 »

I agree, this would be a cool thing. Same suggestion as this by the way.
There are 10 types of people: those who get this joke and those who don't.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

[Koub] Merged into similar older suggestion
Sorry for the delay, there is currently more posting than I have available time to read/moderate everything :)
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Oktokolo
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Oktokolo »

+1 as it would make burner tech more feasible in some cases. As it is now, i never use burner inserters. I start with yelow inserters and feed a single boiler by hand once when starting the first steam plant.
At least the furnaces already seem to consume less of the higher fuel items than coal. So the only thing missing seems to be the speed bonus.

olafthecat
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by olafthecat »

Koub wrote:[Koub] Merged into similar older suggestion
Sorry for the delay, there is currently more posting than I have available time to read/moderate everything :)
I'm assuming this is due to the whole Bots V Belts thing.
Gonna start playing again with 0.16 build.
That's all.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

Oktokolo wrote:+1 as it would make burner tech more feasible in some cases. As it is now, i never use burner inserters. I start with yelow inserters and feed a single boiler by hand once when starting the first steam plant.
At least the furnaces already seem to consume less of the higher fuel items than coal. So the only thing missing seems to be the speed bonus.
That is due to the MJ fuel value. When it starts the MJ value is added to it's internal reserve and one fuel item is remove and then it counts down the internal reserver. The larger the MJ value the longer it lasts.

olafthecat
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by olafthecat »

This should be in the game by at least 0.17.
If not, make it earlier, PLS.
Gonna start playing again with 0.16 build.
That's all.

AileTheAlien
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by AileTheAlien »

I like this idea! Put in gaem naow plz! :D

leadraven
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Fuel speed bonus for burners

Post by leadraven »

Higher tiers of fuel give speed bonus to burner transports. How about also give speed bonus to burner devices? Furnaces, boiler, drill, inserter. Increase power consumption respectively, to keep same efficiency.
For example:
  • Wood, Coal - 100%
  • Solid - 150%
  • Rocket - 200%
  • Nuclear - 300%
It will make burner furnaces more competitive, some progression of boiler setups.

adam_bise
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Fuel speed bonus for burners

Post by adam_bise »

+

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Fuel speed bonus for burners

Post by Ranakastrasz »

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=54092&p=325526&hilit=burner#p325526
Similar enough to previous suggestion.

Yes, would approve.

The ratio of boilers would be thrown off. One boiler to 3, 4, or 6 steam engines, and given its 1 offshore pump to 40 steam engines, that alters things further.

Drills, well, the ability to mine specific things was always really nice. Being able to go to Electric+50%, along with a smaller footprint might have interesting effects.
My Mods:
Modular Armor Revamp - V16
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

[Koub] I decided to merge with the previous very similar suggestion, whose discussion came exactly to the same point.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

protocol_1903
Inserter
Inserter

Post by protocol_1903 »

+1 Would love to see this change. I would also like to add the possibility of other entities working faster with better fuel. Maybe a new fuel stat called "speed multiplier" or something? If that change does come to pass, I would also like to see it implemented in fluid consuming entities for temperature or fuel value, as well as heat consuming entities for temperature.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”