better scaleing difficulty for endgame

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

DelfHerr
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

better scaleing difficulty for endgame

Post by DelfHerr »

Hi guys,

last time i played with a friend of mine factorio, it was a too easy even with the hardest settings of game difficulty.

The wealth of all player structures and items should be calculated into a score. That score determines the strengh of the aliens. The higher the score the stronger. If the aliens manage to make a blow and destroy structures or drain the resources (due to repair, ammonition etc.) the score decreases resulting in weaker aliens. This way the game will be a challenge till the end.
In addition there should be new units e.g. flying creatures, artillery of the aliens that can destroy laser turrets but need time to be placed, nydus worm (form sc2) to dig tunnels,a overlord (form sc2) to drop enemies in bases, according to small medium big behemoth maybe queen or king nearly invincible just with nuclear bombs, ...

Best regards, nice game

DelfHerr

JohnyDL
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: better scaleing difficulty for endgame

Post by JohnyDL »

If you did a 'hardest difficulty' and it wasn't hard enough you need to try tweaking the settings, you can increase the evolution factor, polution factor, make things infinitely expensive, science harder, resources rarer. if you mean the biters got as hard as they could get and they were still easy, that's because once you're at end game most people don't want their bases overrun by the enemy. There are mods that make combat harder, I don't use them but you can always look :D

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”