Early game blueprint placement - PACK

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Engimage
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Early game blueprint placement - PACK

Post by Engimage »

This has been discussed many times but sadly I actually fail to find this anywhere in plans for 0.16.

I watched several streams and KatherineOfSky actually encouraged me to test NanoBots as a solution for this problem.
While the solution is pretty nice overall for a mod it actually overpowers construction bots up until endgame for several reasons:
  • Nanobots build stuff really fast
  • Nanobots are invulnerable (not sure but seams so)
  • Nanobots do not charge and have no delays for this
  • You do not need power armor with tons of energy for them
  • You have Termite bots to deal with early game forests fast
This lead me to a possible easy solution for vanilla.
Personal Automated Construction Kit
This item interface could be similar to laying concrete. It places ghosts or chops trees in the highlighted area which is in the player's reach. As an option this might work like Repair Kit spending its resource for building stuff. It would require a player to hold a mouse button while the item is in the hand and it would have a (pretty fast) progress bar to place every item (so this is not instant).
You might opt to use its left-click to build stuff and right-click to deconstruct everything in the area (both buildings and trees)

I am sure this has to get an area not to force a player mouseclicking every ghost manually. We might have later versions (like with mining axe) which would have larger area and place stuff faster.

As an option this could replace pickaxe in a tool slot and have some build-in hotkey to activate.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”