New Biomes And New Kinds Of Playing ( use of tanks , roads )

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

SirKingForKings
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

New Biomes And New Kinds Of Playing ( use of tanks , roads )

Post by SirKingForKings »

Hello to all Factorio Fans !

New Things:
1st: mud zones
2nd: roads
3nd: tanks and other vehicle use

My idea is to see bioms like mud zones where the player can't go through or only slowly.
On the other hand the enemy's are still fast and maybe a new kind of them who can easier live in this zone.

My idea is to use expensive roads to make mud zones driveable and also normal zones tidier ( like next to the factories ) so that it's easier to drive without chasos.

With the mud zones it would be great to feel the power like for example the normal car has 300 ps and the tank has 600 to 1200 ps so that the tank will drive throught the mud without problems, but the fuel problems will be higher than with the car.

----------------------------------------------------------
I hope my English is well enought so that you have a point to start to write some comments about my ideas etc.

Mangledpork
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: New Biomes And New Kinds Of Playing ( use of tanks , roa

Post by Mangledpork »

Roads would be a cool thing. At the moment you can use turbo belts to speed up cars a bit (and have the edge ones pointing inwards to keep you on the road) but it's ridiculously expensive and you might as well use trains or a bunch of exoskeletons.
Also tanks are in the pipeline, though so far it appears not much has been decided on their features.

The Phoenixian
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: New Biomes And New Kinds Of Playing ( use of tanks , roa

Post by The Phoenixian »

Worth chiming in here: From my experiences with the Better than Wolves Minecraft mod, If you want players to tidy up, even a very minor advantage from roads and paths (like a ten percent speed boost) would be enough to get players to build roads everywhere. As long as the boost is perceptible enough to feel different you can get players to start building roads and never want to go back. (Though I haven't played with roadworks so I wouldn't know how well this translates from a 3d first person game to a 2d third person game.)
The greatest gulf that we must leap is the gulf between each other's assumptions and conceptions. To argue fairly, we must reach consensus on the meanings and values of basic principles. -Thereisnosaurus

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”