Roboport train car

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Omnifarious
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Roboport Wagon! (To help with RailWorld)

Post by Omnifarious »

Aeternus wrote:Only annoying thing is that you'd need radar coverage to view the map to do remote construction... is vehicle grid radar a thing yet? Would be handy for trains.
I always place my radars on a strict grid pattern. I have a very large blueprint with two radars on it to place the radars exactly 32 (I think) chunks apart so I will make as an efficient use possible of radars and the power they consume. So, by the time I actually build an outpost, it's usually pretty well covered by radars.

Aeternus
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Aeternus »

dood wrote:I don't understand why people play like this.
Just box all the resources in with turrets, you'll never have to drive a train through biters.
You've clearly never built a gigabase before... the scale of those are such that boxing in all resources and walling out the biters is simply no longer feasable.

dood
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by dood »

Aeternus wrote:
dood wrote:I don't understand why people play like this.
Just box all the resources in with turrets, you'll never have to drive a train through biters.
You've clearly never built a gigabase before... the scale of those are such that boxing in all resources and walling out the biters is simply no longer feasable.
Are you kidding me?
How is it no longer "feasible" if you are at the stage where resources no longer matter?
A box is the easiest to build shape with the lowest surface area and the bigger it becomes, the more resources you are bound to box in.

The bigger you go, the more feasible it becomes.
It's also better for UPS if most revealed chunks don't have enemies calculating around inside of them and the artillery makes large area clearing easier than ever.

adam_bise
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Roboport Wagon

Post by adam_bise »

A wagon that behaves like a personal roboport with a built in accumulator. Charges when within power range. Has logistics radius. Inventory behaves like a buffer chest with request slots. Logi radius "connects" when train is fully stationed. Has 2 entry points, 2x5 inventory and 2x1 bot slots. Would be nice if wait conditions could consider deployed bots.

Sad_Brother
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Roboport Wagon

Post by Sad_Brother »

Then vehicle version will be needed as well.

Also locomotive's fuel can be used to feed power.

darkfrei
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Roboport Wagon

Post by darkfrei »

Mett686
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Roboport in wagon

Post by Mett686 »

Me and my friends have an idea of roboport in train for like building minning outposts or just repairing them. You can make it carry whatever ammount of bots you think is optimal and could have more tiers and have bigger range then roboport in armor. When using the roboport will consume fuel from train and resources it will take from train. And for making it more optimazed it may not connect to normal logistical site and just to a player. PS: sorry for my english

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Roboport in wagon

Post by valneq »

It is unlikely that this will be added to vanilla anytime soon. However, there are already mods that do that.

One example: Angel's Crawler Train in combination with either Angel's Industries or Bob's Vecihle Equipment as a canonical part of the Angel+Bob modpack. Another: "Equipment Grid Logistic Module" is more independent and just needs another mod to add vehicle grids, like "Vehicle Grid" py Optera.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Roboport train car

Post by Koub »

[Koub] Merged a few topics with the same suggestion.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”