Factorio 2 suggestions

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Factoruser
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Factorio 2 suggestions

Post by Factoruser »

Well, a bit too early of course... Some suggestions I don't think they could be implemented in the current game, mean too much work, and are a big difference to the classic Factorio gameplay:

Multi-layer maps: hills and holes, that are making building (and driving/walking) more difficult. 6 main layers: very high, high, normal, low, very low, underground layer. The underground layer is a special, allegory & invisible layer AOT containing infinite deep ground resources you are harvesting with pump jacks resp. robot mines. This layer also defines deep lakes that can't be filled up resp. which water fields on the surface can be filled up or not. Mining drills are leaving holes in the ground, that might fill with (rain) water. Transportation belts can take 45° inclinations, railways require a very flat terrain, vehicles can also only take 23° inclinations.

Robot mines would be similar to roboports: you put in working robots which are increasing the yield to the maximum depending on the richness of the deep area below the mine (count of ore patches)

Pollution-reducing plants will grow, but slow. Just moss/grass, perhaps some bushes, not trees of course - they need years. Large areas of concrete or rock/gravel won't reduce pollution as grass does.

Sustainment: you need food, drinking water, air and the right temperature to survive => you need energy for your space suit/recharge. => You have to build green houses and produce rations, perhaps collect food sources. => you have to refill everything you need.

New resources: sand / silicon, glass (maybe also made of plastic, not distinguished) AOT required for green houses, circuits and solar panels. Perhaps rare earths for hightech products, very slowly gained from deep mines and intricate to refine.

Vehicles should be much more important. The player's inventory should be very small - not the count of slots, but their stack sizes - e.g. just 10 iron plates per stack. A cargo wagon should carry much more than the player, not the other way round. Even the buggy should take more items than the player, but there should be also a (slower) lorry. The inventory of close vehicles shall appear as a part of the player's inventory, so loading/unloading would be as easy as now. Filling holes/lakes and removing hills should require a excavator. It may work like construction robots for a defined area, but take much time for its job. It also collects the ground material resp. uses rocks to fill holes. Mines/drills and excavators should also produce rocks / dirt / soil => overburden, that can be used to fill holes.

Weather and desasters ((also sun/ion) storms, small meteorites)

Different biomes/"worlds" => different difficulty / enemies. The classic "Earth 2" with breathable air, much water, food and friendly temperature. A hot sand desert with very few water and only the player's food sources, further needing much energy for the space suit's cooling system. An ice desert where you have to melt the ice to get water. A fungus forest with poisonous spores in the air and mushrooms damaging buildings. A volcanic planet with dense, hot, poisonous atmosphere and no fossil resources. A "moon" with extreme temperature differences, no atmosphere and "dry". And a cold moon - like Titan - dark and extremely cold; nearly no sunlight and oxygen.

Green houses are slowly producing "food", "seeds" and "air" and require big varying amounts of energy depending on the outside temperatures. The plants may also die and a green house would need seeds to get reactivated.

New power sources: wind, geothermics, fluid(oil/gas) burning, methane ice, nuclear fusion (deuterium/heavy water + high cranking power). And you begin with a unique mobile backup power supply providing e.g. 300 kW for the first inserters and factories (instead of burner inserters).

Different winning conditions - AOT preparing a planet for colonization, manage a new founded colony or rescueing/supplying crew-mates.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Factorio 2 suggestions

Post by Koub »

I'd like us to stay focussed on Factorio. If and when a Factorio 2 development starts, I'd be happy to see suggestions for it. Until then, unless the other mods come to disagree with me, I'll lock such topics.
[Koub] Topic locked
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”