[Dedicated Server] Save on Last player quit

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

roze
Inserter
Inserter

[Dedicated Server] Save on Last player quit

Post by roze »

Hi,
A couple of times now, my computer has crashed while running the factorio server (Crash itself unrelated), however, at the time, there has been no players online for hours or more, yet I loose data because the Autosave feature does not work when "Pause on no players" is enabled and there is no players online.
So I'd like an option for the headless/dedicated server to save the game when any or the last player leaves the game. Perhaps even on Join, in case a malicious player joins.
If the game auto-saves when the last player disconnects, then at least no data loss would occur when the server is inactive.
In the current state, if I play the server, the game autosaves, 15 minutes to next, then I, the last player, leave the game after 14 minutes. The server pauses cause there is no more player, which also causes autosave timer to pause, which is good. But that will cause the last 14 minutes to be unsaved until the next player joins. If no one joins and then the server/computer crashes, those unsaved minutes will be lost.

Please implement this feature, it should be fairly simple and save me a bit of head aches when crashes occur.

This wont help with unexpected crashes occurring while people are still connected, but the pc crashes I'm suffering from announces themselves before hand in terms of graphical artifacts, so if I'm playing and it happens, I can save myself. Cant do anything while I'm not by the computer.

//Kind regards.

trad_emark
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [Dedicated Server] Save on Last player quit

Post by trad_emark »

PLEASE do this!

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”