Together on one PC

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Hubble
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Together on one PC

Post by Hubble »

Hello everyone!

I'm sorry if this someone already offered. I think it would be great if you could play the game together on one PC with gamepads! Like the NES console. Should we expect this feature in the near future?

Thanks!

Tekky
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Together on one PC

Post by Tekky »

Are you talking about split-screen multiplayer, where every player only gets half of the monitor for his view of the game? I don't think I would like that, because that would require me to either buy a very large monitor or to play on a very small interface.

Also, making the game playable with a gamepad instead of a mouse would require half of the game to be redesigned. I'm afraid that is not likely to happen.

I think the game is just fine the way it is designed.

If a console version of Factorio were to be released, then I guess it might be worth redesigning Factorio to work with a gamepad.

Hubble
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Together on one PC

Post by Hubble »

Hello Tekky!
Tekky wrote:Are you talking about split-screen multiplayer, where every player only gets half of the monitor for his view of the game?
Not quite. I'm talking about two characters at one general frame. For example, the frame doesn't move to right when someone is near the left edge of the frame and moves when both are close to edge (like NES games).
Tekky wrote:If a console version of Factorio were to be released, then I guess it might be worth redesigning Factorio to work with a gamepad.
Will be greate!
Tekky wrote:I think the game is just fine the way it is designed.
Yes it is. Hovewer it would be fine to play togehter on one PC.
Tekky wrote:Also, making the game playable with a gamepad instead of a mouse would require half of the game to be redesigned.
Thanks for your the answer! Factorio is a beautiful game, don't stop there. :)

P.S. Sorry for my English.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”