logistic bots power efficency research

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

halarash
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

logistic bots power efficency research

Post by halarash »

my idea in this is creating a research that makes logistic and construction bots consume less and less energy each times.
this research would (for the same number of iteration) consume less -internal- power by, let's say 0.5% :?:

question is: how hard it's gonna be to implemented in-game?

Sicnarf
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: logistic bots power efficency research

Post by Sicnarf »

Technically robot speed research already does the same thing.
Robots have an "static" energy cost for all the time they are active or hovering regardless of what they are doing, they also have an additional cost per tile moved.
So if a robot has to travel 50 tiles the energy cost for tiles moved is the same regardless of speed upgrades, however if the the robot travels the distance twice as fast this halves the "static" energy cost effectively making them consume less power.
Fun note when you get the robot speed high enough the robots burn energy so fast moving that they can discarge so quickly that your charge ports cannot keep up with the demand :)

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

The thing is the static part of the robots' consumtion is negligible in regard to the movement consumption itself : 3 kW+5 kJ/m. I'd so much have the opportunity to make more economic robots, you know, just not to have the need of a nuclear powerplant just to feed superspeed robots.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Sicnarf
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Sicnarf »

Koub wrote:The thing is the static part of the robots' consumtion is negligible in regard to the movement consumption itself : 3 kW+5 kJ/m.
Very true, I read somewhere it takes about 16 seconds of the robot doing nothing to equal 1 tile of movement can anyone confirm or deny this?

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”