Decrease Pollution, Decontamination

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

CrazyMathGuy
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Decrease Pollution, Decontamination

Post by CrazyMathGuy »

Dear Factorio users,

first of all i really like the mechanic of pollution in the game and how it proovokes alien attacks. But especially in the later stages of them game the radius of the pollution is huge, as well as the possible direction these attacks can come from. Since they are attracted by pollution I thought of some machine (maybe like a beacon) that reduces pollution in an specified area, which could be upgradable with research. In order to dont make this way to strong it could cost either high ammounts of ressources therefore producing pollution or high ammounts of energy (again producing pollution).
Im not sure if the general idea of the beacon-type is right, because it uses even more space.
This concept could come in different ways, because by now it is not clear where exactly the pollution is (air or ground or somewhere), so you could get some smaller decontamination for the ground first and afterwards the beacon-type think and maybe even some further improved technology for every machine that produces pollution?
What do u think of this concept in general?

Patashu
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Decrease Pollution, Decontamination

Post by Patashu »

I think you can put efficiency modules in your buildings and beacons*, run everything off of solar+accumulators, and doing that will make pollution plummet.

*This might not be effective. Haven't done the math.

fechnert
Inserter
Inserter

Post by fechnert »

Patashu wrote:I think you can put efficiency modules in your buildings and beacons*, run everything off of solar+accumulators, and doing that will make pollution plummet.
Even the level-1 efficiency modules will lower your factory's pollution drastically. It is sure worth the ressources
Image[url=steam://friends/add/'.76561198066150999.']Image[/url]

CrazyMathGuy
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by CrazyMathGuy »

The efficiency modules reducing pollution is true I never noticed that, because I dont use them at all :D
My problem is that I normally want to put production and speed modules in the machines/beacons because I have the feeling that this is much reasonable due to needing less ressources and making my production more efficent.
At this point I thought of some extra thing for reducing pollution and this is the point were this suggestion come in mind.
Thank you for the responses!

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”