Linked Logic Chests

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Calbrenar
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Linked Logic Chests

Post by Calbrenar »

We already have the functionality to copy and paste anything about chest x to chest y. It'd be nice if there was some kind of modifier to make a link between chest x and chest y.

For example say chest x is a passive provider with a standing order for 200 solid fuel. If I copy x to y then y is the same. If I change x to be 200 rocket fuel I still have to track down y, z, a etc to change them to rocketfuel too. If I held alt while entering the copy command from x to y (and a b c etc) then any changes to x would propagate automatically to any other linked ones.

I would prefer this work on all chests (or any other devices/factories/etc) but understand if it only works on logic stuff for balance reasons. It would be nice though if when setting up say oil refinery you could set it up so that when you wen to advanced processing all you had to do was change the first refinery and all the others would blink over.

Tekky
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Linked Logic Chests

Post by Tekky »

I am against your suggestion, because this can already easily be accomplished with the circuit network.

Instead of making the user interface more complex by allowing a completely new kind of permanent link between entities, it would, in my opinion, be more meaningful to link these entities using the existing circuit network features. Using the circuit network, all you have to do is change the condition on one decision combinator, which outputs a virtual signal that all other entities read. That way, all you have to do is change the condition on the combinator, instead of the condition on all of the entities.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”