Some Suggestions for new graphics

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

SlondoTK
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Some Suggestions for new graphics

Post by SlondoTK »

"Very well, there are 2 ideas" ;)

Because?

With update 0.15 came the information that most of the entities present in the game would be passed into the high definition until the official release of the 0.16 factorial version.
The same was explained in FFF # 187, so I was analyzing my last post and I realized that I left a lot of idea like this, "well .. you just filled sausage with this idea, I did not understand any of that" (ways of saying) Recapping ...

Item number 6 of the topic "14 ideas for future updates"

About more in-depth 3D

When I said this, I was actually taking another game as a base, where there are several layers and you (player) can move on the screen from both left to right and vice versa and go up or down, yet all Once we execute these moves, the layers move together to give a very realistic sense of depth.
The inspiration
This is a gif that I did myself, showing some of the 3D aspect I'm talking about, the name of the game is Train Station
1s7ft4.gif
1s7ft4.gif (3.41 MiB) Viewed 710 times
How would that apply in Factorio then?

I was thinking of using this in tall entities like the giant poles, in the rocket when it is taking off and it remains static in a same block, even if you move by the map, to the cables of the poles, for the logistic and construction robotics and To military parts such as tank shots (cannon), throwing grenades, launching rockets and the leisure towers while shooting the aliens.
Who knows even the worms that are very tall in their giant versions. 8-)

New contours for entities

Factorio uses a simple frame to show the space that a certain entity occupies, if you hover the mouse cursor over it, but this is probably already or will be discussed ...
Updates, or does not update?
I did some mounts here, with a scheme that would be pretty cool to see in the game, it is a kind of more modern outline, instead of using the classic yellow or red frame ..
The Furnace
The Furnace
Furnace_000000.jpeg (511.65 KiB) Viewed 710 times
And this would be the layout of a furnace when you hover your mouse over it, it's pretty clean, it has highlight, I think the only problem will be in the contour format for the items, I foresee another 8000 new png models containing only outline. Just kidding :D :D
demolition_000000.jpeg
demolition_000000.jpeg (724.89 KiB) Viewed 710 times
And in this image, the edition was a wonder ** (sorry :oops: ). It would be the visual that we would see when using the deconstruction planner, a single difference is that instead of iron plates also have their own contour, They will "unite" like an extension of the treadmill, that ends up inheriting the outline of the plate And adding to its original outline.
Obviously, several things should be changed, but there is an idea, I have not seen anything like it in the last 2 months ... so for now that's it, thanks for the attention

~Extras~
Now there is an image of pain and much suffering from when I was editing the images, .. I need to automate this process urgently! :geek:
2017-07-09 (4).png
2017-07-09 (4).png (647.66 KiB) Viewed 710 times

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”