Make radar coverage visible from blueprints

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

hata
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Make radar coverage visible from blueprints

Post by hata »

TL;DR
When placing radar stations, the coverage is shown on the minimap, but not when placing blueprints with radar stations in them.

What ?
Radar stations should show their covered area regardless of whether it was placed from hand or from blueprint

Why ?
I like to make my radar stations with solar panels and accumulators, so that I don't need to run poles everywhere. Right now I have to place the radar station by hand (as a ghost radar station for my bots) and then match my blueprint with the solar planes and accumulators with the radar station, which is a hassle in two regards. first while placing radar station right within forests, it is hard to see, if the blueprint lines up correctly. Second, i have to use 2 slots in my belt and switch from radar station to blue print.

This functionality is used for turrets if i recall correctly, so it wouldn't be a completly new idea in regards to blueprint functionality

Impatient
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Make radar coverage visible from blueprints

Post by Impatient »

hata wrote:
TL;DR
When placing radar stations, the coverage is shown on the minimap, ...
Excuse me, maybe I missed something: How is the radar coverage shown on the minimap?

hoho
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by hoho »

Impatient wrote:
hata wrote:
TL;DR
When placing radar stations, the coverage is shown on the minimap, ...
Excuse me, maybe I missed something: How is the radar coverage shown on the minimap?
Try holding a radar in your hand and look at the minimap. The feature has existed for a while now.

JohnyDL
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by JohnyDL »

Yup there's a square there to show how the new radar lines up with the old grid

Easiest solution I can think of is make a 4x4 or 9x9 grid of radar and align it with the ones you can see

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”