Train out of fuel alert

Suggestions that have been added to the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Hobbiticus
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Train out of fuel alert

Post by Hobbiticus »

I would like to see an alert visible on the train GUI and/or overview map showing trains that have run out of fuel and are in automatic mode.

I have a fairly big bactory with ~100 trains in it, and I screwed up the fueling. I had to comb every inch of track to find all of the trains that had run out of fuel. In the end, 5-6 trains had run out, but it was not always obvious because some had run out in lightly used branches. I think it would be nice to have some sort of alert to point out empty trains.

I also think that the alert should not appear if a train is in manual mode because that's usually while you're setting up the train or possibly putting a train in storage. It's also a good workaround to shut up the alert if you don't want it shown - the train isn't going to be moving anyway without any fuel.

Engimage
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Train out of fuel alert

Post by Engimage »

This would be a nice feature to have. Alongside this I would also gladly see trains with no path as well.
Also just to mention if you are running that many trains I would suggest using F.A.T. Controller mod which has messages for different kinds of trail failures such as train standing on a red signal for prolonged time

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

This is far from useful ... :) Much more useful would be to add a new method to change the schedule, if train fuel is under some level and automatically goes to a refuel station. Alerts are only useful, if it is already too late. :)
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

BenSeidel
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by BenSeidel »

This would be awesome.
Don't understand why it was not implemented at the same time as the lack of logistics storage notification.

deer_buster
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by deer_buster »

ssilk wrote:This is far from useful ... :) Much more useful would be to add a new method to change the schedule, if train fuel is under some level and automatically goes to a refuel station. Alerts are only useful, if it is already too late. :)

make it so

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”