Manually tell trains to go to disabled stations

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

19wolf
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Manually tell trains to go to disabled stations

Post by 19wolf »

Basically what the title says. I'd like to manually be able to tell a train to go to a disabled station. For example: I have my outpost station closed if there's less than a full load of ore in the chests. But it's impossible to get there to check if the outpost is still working or if it has dried out. Another example would be if an outpost is under attack but there's not enough ore for it to be open, how do I get there quickly?

Jamaica_MURR
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Manually tell trains to go to disabled stations

Post by Jamaica_MURR »

+1 Human commands must be the law for any machine! Humans know more. (2017)

iceman_1212
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by iceman_1212 »

19wolf wrote:Basically what the title says. I'd like to manually be able to tell a train to go to a disabled station. For example: I have my outpost station closed if there's less than a full load of ore in the chests. But it's impossible to get there to check if the outpost is still working or if it has dried out. Another example would be if an outpost is under attack but there's not enough ore for it to be open, how do I get there quickly?
You could make a second station at every outpost station that is for passenger (PAX) use only. Having a PAX station per outpost also lets you shuttle back and forth between outposts in a separate train while letting your factory continue operating uninterrupted. Incremental cost is negligible - just a couple of rails and a train station.

19wolf
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by 19wolf »

iceman_1212 wrote:
19wolf wrote:Basically what the title says. I'd like to manually be able to tell a train to go to a disabled station. For example: I have my outpost station closed if there's less than a full load of ore in the chests. But it's impossible to get there to check if the outpost is still working or if it has dried out. Another example would be if an outpost is under attack but there's not enough ore for it to be open, how do I get there quickly?
You could make a second station at every outpost station that is for passenger (PAX) use only. Having a PAX station per outpost also lets you shuttle back and forth between outposts in a separate train while letting your factory continue operating uninterrupted. Incremental cost is negligible - just a couple of rails and a train station.

Actually a PAX station is where this idea came from. I was trying to make an automated PAX system, when when I get near a PAX station, it'll be enabled and call a train to it, then when I get in the train it'll immediately go to PAX Central or similar. I'd like to tell my PAX train to go to any PAX station, even if it's closed.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”