[0.15.12] Infinite research does not show past researches

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Vetinary
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[0.15.12] Infinite research does not show past researches

Post by Vetinary »

The Infinite research tech tree does not show past researched stages. They only show the pre-infinite research stages like 1-6 for example and the current infinite one, like 8 for example (with the infinite sign following). The result is a tech tree showning 1-6 and then 8.

I thought this was a bug (after all, 7 ist missing, is it not?) but the bug forum mod seems to think other wise and burried my post. (viewtopic.php?f=23&t=48130)

Eighter the tech tree ist a tech tree, always showing 7-infinite at the last stage, or the tech tree is a "you done this and that" chart, showing the stuff you already researched (1-7) and may yet research 8-infinite.

Don't be so inconsistent.

Please change this behavior. I can't be the only one getting the wrong picture when reading I researched 1-6 and may now research 8 of any given infinite research.
Attachments
followerrobotcount.PNG
followerrobotcount.PNG (287.21 KiB) Viewed 1626 times

mp0011
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [0.15.12] Infinite research does not show past researches

Post by mp0011 »

It's like Future Tech in Civilization games - You just research one tech over and over, with increased costs.
Imagine 100th tier of infinite mining - do You really want 100 level tree with nothing more that the same, repeated mining squares?

I would add something like ellipsis "(...)" between to show there are missing steps...

Vetinary
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Vetinary »

Sure. There is no need for a tile to every infinite research stage. But there has got to be a better way than this.

As it it is now, this is not a tech tree. A tech tree would always show 7-infinite. And a progress chart would always show any stage you reasearched.

You already posted a possible solution that would do fine. Maybe there are more.

JohnyDL
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by JohnyDL »

What you're looking for really is stages 1-6 as they currently are
then it shows 7-infinity when you haven't done any infinite research in yellow
Then it shows 7 in green and 8-infinity in yellow when you've done 7
Finally it shows 7-N in green where N is the last level you got to and N+1-infinity as yellow because you're yet to complete them

This makes sense to me, at all stages all the numbers are accounted for and however big N gets it's still only 2 boxes for one infinite completed and one for infinite yet to do.

Vetinary
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Vetinary »

Yes, this one please. This would be perfect!

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”